Sheriff's Posse is an all-volunteer mounted unit founded in 1946
under the auspices of the Sheriff of Pima County Arizona. When
requested, the Posse represents the Sheriff's Department in parades
and other related community functions in Pima County, and throughout
the State of Arizona.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES of the PIMA COUNTY
Perpetuate the customs, traditions and pageantry of the State of
2. Represent the Sheriff of Pima County where and when appropriate,
or as requested by proper department authority.
3. Maintain mounted unit(s) prepared to respond upon call to
requests for search and rescue.
4. Engage collectively in horsemanship in order to maintain
proficiency, engender unit esprit, and enhance visibility and
recognition by the public.
5. Further the welfare and peace of the City of Tucson and Pima
County where deemed appropriate and permissible.
6. Provide and perform charitable and other services as appropriate
for the benefit of the community.
A monthly Gymkhana is conducted
and this event is geared toward families, giving
adults and children of all ages the opportunity to participate in
horseback events and games.
The Posse also contributes its time and
services to community projects, as well as trail riding events to
help raise funds for charities.
For information about
Posse events, please visit the
page of this web site or check out the current issue of the
For more information about joining the Sheriff's
Posses, please email us at posse6 @ sarci2.org.
Thank you for your interest in the
Sheriff's Mounted Posse.